I finally got my hands on the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream maker and the first thing I made was Green Tea ice cream. It’s extremely easy to make, but my first batch didn’t come out too impressive. It was too sweet and it overpowered the flavor of the green tea. After a bit of experimentation, I settled on the recipe below. The ice cream came out amazing. Nothing says deliciousness like clogging my arteries with milk fat while pumping my body with free-radical fighting antioxidants!
Ingredients (for a 2 quart ice cream maker, divide ingredient measurements by half if using a one quart ice cream maker)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of sugar ( I prefer Trader Joe’s Organic Sugar, regular granulated sugar also works)
- 4 tablespoons of matcha powder (green tea powder)
- Combine the milk, sugar, and matcha into a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer or a hand blender and mix until the sugar and matcha dissolves completely.
- Pour in the whipped cream into the matcha-sugar-milk mixture and lightly mix until combined
- Pour the green liquid into the ice cream maker and wait until the ice cream forms.
Yes, it’s that easy to make.